• High-performance cast aluminum wheels remove approximately two pounds of unsprung, spinning weight from each corner for a performance boost you can feel.
• High-performance aluminum-bodied gas-charged piggyback-reservoir shocks at all four corners are fully adjustable for spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping, for a completely tunable ride.
• A new hinged, forward-tilting front hood and headlight assembly offers aggressive new styling, and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components, for easier maintenance and suspension tuning.
• A larger radiator fan helps keep engine temps under control in slow going, and a larger-diameter hose increases coolant flow and overall capacity. The coolant reserve tank was moved under the front cover for easier maintenance.
• A new ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on.
• The tilt bed’s frame is engineered with increased rigidity for even greater durability.
• Other minor modifications aimed at more efficient production and durability keep the Teryx at the front of the RUV pack.
• Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power.
• Ample torque output from the oversquare, 85 x 66mm engine with 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration.
• The 90-degree V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration.
• Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion.
• Engine can be started in any gear.
• Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing steep down hills.
• The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance.
• Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions.
• Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a larger cooling fan increases cooling capacity in slow going.
• Engine weight is kept down using many advanced techniques, including carving lightening webs into the crank webs, using rare earth magnets, a small generator and paring excess material wherever possible.
• Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation, for optimum performance in a wide range of environments.
• The fuel injection system (controlled by a 32-bit CPU) continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery – regardless of the conditions.
• FI systems permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up.
• The high-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump helps to ensure air does not get into the fuel system.
• Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and revised ignition timing have increased low and mid-range torque as well as improved response at higher rpm.
• Ignition mapping when in reverse, combined with low-speed operation and deceleration FI settings, enable the engine to deal with increased moisture when driving in shallow water.
• Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced continuously variable transmission provides a very direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sport riding.
• Transmission utilizes a high-grade, super-durable belt that’s designed to handle the high output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard-chrome finished for durability.
• The CVT Belt Protection System prevents tire freewheel, improves rock section performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system.
• Unnecessary belt wear is minimized with a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless.
• A big CVT intake duct, located to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT.
• Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct keeps intake temperature down.
• High-performance, aluminum bodied, fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir, gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel.
• Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of driver comfort and handling at high speeds, along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel.
• Rear torsion bar helps keep body roll to a minimum.
• Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, offer great looks, but more-importantly, cut unsprung weight by two pounds per wheel.
• Custom 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx help provide great traction and handling.
• Selecting two- or four-wheel-drive is as easy as pressing a switch located on the dash; electrically “selectable” 2WD/4WD system engages instantly.
• Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the driver to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats.
• Rear gear case keeps rear wheels locked and turning together for maximum forward thrust.
• Plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
• Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts hold driver and passenger firmly in place
• Steering wheel positioned low for optimum control when sport riding
• Dual retractable cup holders
• Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding.
• Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure. (ROPS)
• Sport performance-focused suspension is designed for high-performance riding.
• Wide track helps provide a great ride, but not too wide to fit in a standard pickup truck bed.
• Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance strikes a perfect compromise between great, low-cg handling and being able to clear tough off-road obstacles.
• Narrow frame concept maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms, for excellent road-handling performance and minimal geometry changes throughout the suspension’s travel.
• Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and taut steering.
• Able to haul 500 pounds in the bed and tow trailers weighing up to 1300 pounds, the Teryx is capable of handling just about any load.
• Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mounted 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. The discs are tucked inside the wheels, where they’re protected from debris.
• Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any conditions along with reduced maintenance, thanks to its being completely sealed from outside contaminants.
• The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance.
• With 500-pound capacity, tie-down hooks in all four corners, a standard cargo net and generous dimensions, the Teryx and its tilting cargo bed is as functional as it is fun to ride.
• Gas-assist struts help facilitate bed cleaning and maintenance.
• Reinforced bed frame offers increased rigidity for even greater durability.
• Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults.
• Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts help provide a comfortable ride.
• The padded steering wheel is positioned low for sport riding, and provides additional driver protection.
• Standard on all models, the Multi-Function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators; digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, CVT belt temperature warning, neutral, reverse and low oil pressure warning lights.
• Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork has a great-looking high-gloss finish that’s more scratch-resistant than polyethylene—so it stays great-looking longer.
• Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris.
• Teryx’s battery and electric parts are located higher and further away from water and harm’s way.
• Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen.
• Large, 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provides the range that lets campers and hunters get deep into the bush and back again.
• Even with its wide-track and big tires, the Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks.
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change. Dealer sets the actual destination charge, your price may vary.